COVID-19 UPDATE: HOW SID’S CARPET BARN INC. IS PREPARING AND RESPONDING
At SID’S CARPET BARN we are a family owned business guided by the principle of being the place you can trust. We want to let you know we’re thinking about all of you – our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our community – as we work through the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand the important role we play in the community we serve and will do everything in our power to continue our operations during this time. We recognize the heightened concern everyone has and we are doing everything we can to protect you our customers and our employees. In these uncertain times, we must be there for one another. The effects of this virus will be far reaching and in response, we all need to think sensibly and empathetically. By following the latest trusted science and leading with our hearts, we will get through this together.
How are we addressing safety concerns regarding COVID-19?
As part of our everyday practices, we are following the strict safety policies and procedures outlined by the various health organizations to ensure a safe environment for all. We continue to reinforce employee education regarding viral prevention and encouraging all of our employees to stay home to meet the needs of their own families as well as their own health, especially when they don’t feel well. Still, we are taking additional measures to help ensure the health and safety of our employees who are at work and of course for our customers. While not an exhaustive list, our responses to the virus are as follows:
• Offering free shop-at-home services and private appointments to customers who prefer not to visit our store. We are asking these customers if anyone is sick at home or feeling any of the potential symptoms of the virus to let us know so we can keep out employees safe as well. Further we will not be installing in any homes that are occupied unless it is an absolute emergency and then only if certain conditions are met, which will be different in each circumstance.
• As part of our normal practice, our stores and warehouse facilities are cleaned and sanitized daily. Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we’re increasing the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance in stores and warehouses.
• Stepping up our efforts to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas like workstations, door handles, and bathrooms, as well as posting signage about handwashing and other preventative actions.
• Added additional hand sanitizer stations in our retail stores.
• Have masks and gloves available in our retail stores for customers.
• Ensure our installers are strictly following CDC guidelines for washing hands and maintaining proper hygiene.
• We are encouraging all employees who are sick to stay home.
Scheduled Installations & In-Home Measures:
If customers have an installation or other in-home measurement scheduled, there should be no interruption in that service. We've advised all our sales staff, installation crews and service teams to follow everyday preventive actions including washing hands often, disinfecting frequently touched objects, wearing masks and gloves and carrying hand sanitizer and booties.
We’re grateful to you, our valued customer. We are staying in close contact with the CDC as this situation changes and will continue to ensure our business practices and other measures for the safety of our customers and associates are consistent with the most up-to-date information.